Saturday, September 17, 2011

Postal Workers

I was looking into hurricanes and I found this interesting guy. This is Mr. Floyd. He is an USPS mail man from Virginia Beach. No rain, no sleet, or pounding hurricane will stop the USPS.

Doing these postings made me want to search disasters and the damage. Seeing this tidbit, it made me realize how much disasters can impact everyone no matter where the disaster hits. That new computer part I ordered from the east coast during hurricane Irene? Yeah, delayed. Family coming home from being on the east coast? Yep, won't be seeing them as their planes have all been delayed and or cancelled.

So to sum up, disasters happen all the time all over the place. So much is done to ensure the world keeps going round. Hurricane Irene was a big one that many weren't ready for, but from looking around the Internet, you can see the amount of work people put into their efforts to minimize the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment